Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital has won....?
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 06:41:26 -0700

yes Jim... I fully understand the dilemma, especially for the pro....
pushing in favor of ease, efficiency, expediency...truly yes.
But it's, foregive me all (a bit) like trading in your favorite fountain
pen for a bic...
For me, at least, there is no dilemma, not now... I want the look, the
personal control,  and I am
proud to be a stick in the mud, like a few others around here...Steve

> Just kidding, Steve!  Well, er...I hope it turns out to be a joke and
that
> we will have film for a long time to come.
>
> However, there is a good argument for stock photographers to go digital.
> successful stock business depends on an ever-growing collection of
saleable
> images.  The simple truth is that with a digital camera, you can be more
> productive.  No scanning, no captioning with little sticky labels, no
buying
> film (running out of film is unlikely if you travel with a 60gb Powerbook
> and a pocketable 80gb firewire drive), no trips to the lab, no scratched
> film...need I go on?  It's just about enough to sacrifice that special
Leica