Subject: Re: [Leica] New Holy War--Film Scanners
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 20:35:08 -0700

on 07/03/03 7:45 PM, Nelson Chan at cchan@info.com.ph wrote:

> I understand that the 3000 is an older model and use 4 ink jet while
> the 2200 is the newer one with 7 ink jet.  Which should I choose?  Lastly,
> what additional software can you guys recommend?

If you use a Mac, get the absolute latest stuff, or you might not ever get
OS X drivers for it. If you use a PC - get the latest stuff too. :-)

You should definitely choose the 7 color printer. The extra inks give much
better quality and tonal modulation with less evidence it's an ink-jet
printer (basic principle, not necessarily always true).

Software?

Photoshop. If you don't ever plan to sell your work and see it p0ublished,
Photoshop Elements might do the job. There are other programs, but why
bother? These are the best.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

A picture is the expression of an impression. If the beautiful were not in
us, how would we ever recognize it?