Subject: [Leica] GREAT HEALTH! :-) :-)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:34:17 -0700

First things first.
A very big THANK YOU to everyone who came to my aid with prayers and well
wishes this past week, such a wonderful family. Thank you, thank you all.
And from she who must be obeyed, a very big hug for the posts, as it gave
her support from the "machine people" as she refers to the folks who are my
friends of the screen.;-)

And for those who may have thought I'd be selling my Leica gear? ;-) Forget
it, I'm not done yet! :-) However, the routine of scampering all over the
place like I think I'm 34 and in reality, "74" has come to an end, or it
will be my end! :-(  And I don't want any part of that for sometime to come.

Some of you are aware my goal as a photojournalist is to survive at least
one day longer than Eisie and he went to the big darkroom in the sky at 96!
So that means I still have 22 plus years to go and I absolutely intend on
doing that. It'll be a piece of cake if I do what I'm told regarding meds to
keep my BP inline and my mind in the cruising lane shooting subjects I know
I can do capturing the results expected of me as a professional
photographer.

As some of our medical colleagues offered, my situation was indeed a TIA
(Transient Ischemic Attack) thank goodness not bad enough to cause major
concern, nevertheless a major warning for me if I'm to reach my goal of 96
plus. I can't kiss it off like a cold.... because if I don't slow down to a
less hectic pace I may well not reach the goal.

But damn it scared the daylights out of me as I had absolutely no idea what
the hell was going on and thought I was going to die. Was this one that
serious? Nope, but when it's happening it sure leaves you figuring, "I'm
dying."

Trust me I thought I was scared a few times during wild and woolly
assignments, but all those were a piece of cake compared to the trembling
and fear of Monday morning.

The old fart's here for a long time yet. ;-)  So there you go eh? ;-)

Thanks everyone.
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant