Subject: Re: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:55:17 -0700

Mark Rabiner said:

 > The first glass i get with any SLR system is the macro glass in Leica's
> case the 60 and 100 are at the top of the heap of being inspiring in the
> R arsenal.<<<

Hi Mark,
You can't go wrong if these were the only two Leica lenses you owned. The
100 is an absolutely amazing lens and although would be considered a tad
long as a normal, one could very well get along doing the bulk of their
photography with it alone.

The 60 is the best all round excellent normal lens one can use, yep a
smigin' long for those who consider the 50mm  normal for a 35mm camera. But
a step back makes it about equal in focal length as a 50mm. ;-) And a long
step back makes it a 40mm. ;-)

I've had the 60mm since 1972 when I bought it directly from Leica at a very
good price, I think $800.00 Cdn. at the time when the Munich Olympics were
over. Trust me it's served me yearly since then and still works fine.

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Full circle with Nikons)