Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nick Ut's Napalm girl
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:18:49 -0400

> I read an interview of Nick Ut, and I recall that he said that he used a
Nikon.

> regards,
> frank

In the 1960's the AP issued Nikons to its photographers, however many went
out and bought Leicas on their own, including Mr. Ut (whose real last name
is ironically enough either "Kong" or "Cong" I forget which).  I believe
that the M2 and Summicron lens used for the photo are on exhibition in
London.  Can anyone from the UK confirm this?

Gary

Message from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Nick Ut's Napalm girl)
Message from frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: Nick Ut's Napalm girl)