Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf and Summitar f:2.... what should I do with this thing?
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:24:00 -0400

Jim writes:

> What would
> be the best way to unload it so I dont get screwed?

Jim, if you just acquired a M6 and are wanting another "fool-around" Leica, I would suggest you keep the IIIf/Summitar.

Put a roll of the same film in each of the cameras and when you take a shot with the M6, take the same shot with the IIIf using the same shutter speed and aperture.  Try as many shutter speeds and aperture settings as possible. When you finish the rolls you will have the answer to all your questions about the IIIf. You will know if the IIIf needs a CLA, you will know how the lens compares with the lens on the M6, and you will know whether or not you really want to dump the IIIf.

From my own experience, (I like to fool around with cameras too), you will probably find the IIIf to be more "fun" than the M6.

Regards, Paul Connet

Replies: Reply from "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] IIIf and Summitar f:2.... what should I do with this thing?)
Reply from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] IIIf and Summitar f:2.... what should I do with this thing?)