Subject: Re: [Leica] Was: MP's tp plate Now: Japanese made glass.
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:02:12 -0700

Daniel Ridings wrote:

> Isn't Leica glass really Hoya glass?
>
> I put them on the camera. If they work, and I'm happy with the results, I
> couldn't give a rats-ass where they were made. As it is, Canada does just
> fine in my book. I have two Canadian lenses and two Wetzlar lenses. I'd go
> for a modern Leica lens to replace one or two of them (I must be getting
> old), but I probably won't do it.
>
> Daniel
>
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, David Young wrote:
>
> > Mark Rabiner said:
> >
> > >Zeiss glass made in Japan. Bad combination.
> >
><Snip>

The front element of the new Aspherics come from Hoya.

And their filters are great you don't need threads you just mold it to
the front of your Hoya front element.
The stick via cohesion.
An added benefit is you can then focus a foot closer.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com