Subject: Re: [Leica] Screwy M6 and flash? Ah, who needs it anyway!
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:14:28 -0700

At 03:49 PM 7/31/2003 -0700, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>Karen and LUGers
>
>Is the M6ttl so much more desirable than an ordinary M6?  Considering
>that the TTL can only be used with the SF-20 and/ or some dedicated
>Metz modules.  Considering equal conditions what should the difference
>in price be between a M6 and a M6ttl?  I already have many thyristor
>flash units and don't want to buy a SF-20.

Each person has to make their own decision of course, but I do have the
HUGE Metz 54-3 unit. On the few occasions that I use it, I think the fact
that the exposure is TTL rather than flash auto does help. Especially since
in auto mode, you have to set the aperture and whatnot settings correctly
on the flash unit. In TTL mode, since the camera tells the flash when to
shut up, then the settings on the flash are advisory only.

IMHO, FWIW, YMMV etc.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>