Subject: Re: [Leica] Trusting vacation photos to digital
From: Bob Haight <rhaightjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:54:45 -0700 (PDT)

Kyle, your post follows my earlier post on a somewhat
humorous note, but makes my point. Why go on a
vacation, not an assignment, and spend your evenings
uploading photos anywhere. Part of the fun of a
vacation is to get away from that computer or modem
and enjoy those evenings doing something you do not do
all year long. It is not so much a digital/film
argument as escaping the trappings of instant tech
communication. Just because we can take a photo in
Egypt at 4PM and transmit it anywhere that evening
doesn't mean we should have to do that during a
vacation. Perhaps, digital is complicating a process
which was really fairly simple and will result in less
output not more of high quality. Bob Haight--- Kyle