Subject: Re: [Leica] Extreme weather
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:32:27 -0400

At 09:13 AM 8/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > I am really interested to hear what people have to say, particularly in
>what way any failures manifested and may be averted.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Marty

Well, it wasn't Siberia, but my M's and R's worked fine on different trips
to Russia and to Norway in February.  They functioned a lot better than I
did in very cold temperatures!  I tried to remember to wind the film slowly
to avoid static charges or breaking brittle film, but it wasn't a
problem.  The main problem I had was the very short days.  There are only a
few hours of daylight in the far north in the winter.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

photos available from: