Subject: Re: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 22:19:51 -0700

B.D.

Hogwash. The influence of film is a whole lot more determining of how
results will look than digital. Digital is much more neutral (when
properly white-balanced). In fact, I predict it might even solve once
and for all the argument whether Leica lenses have a "special" color
bias.

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 02:06  PM, bdcolen wrote:

> Come off it, Randy. Leica/Shmeica - a Leica digital is going to produce
> digital images, which will look like other high-end digital images.
> They
> will NOT look like Leica film images because they will not be produced
> with film.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"If we had time for more meetings, we would have made more mistakes."
Leon Trotsky

Replies: Reply from JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com> ([Leica] Re: efke question)
Reply from "Jean-Michel Tomaschett" <jx@bluewin.ch> ([Leica] efke question)