Subject: Re: [Leica] squabbling over digitial vs. film
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 01:28:28 -0700

Eric Welch wrote:

> Actually, he longed for what he saw was the future. And he left
> negatives at the Center For Creative Photography in Tucson with the
> express purpose of students using those negatives with digital tools to
> see what they could do (with restrictions on the disposition of the
> results).
>
> On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 12:44  PM, Gary Klein wrote:

He said something about a laser bean going over your negative to capture
it's information digitally. Really!
I think it was his Autobiography as I've not read THAT many of his books
other than the 5 basic photo series. And the Examples.
Double checking the Photo series (to see how many) on Amazon I see all
these books which look like it's the photo series, the way they last
looked only they are written by other people.

Don't real Ansel Adams.!!! Read this other Shaeffer guy and you'll get
it much better. Or this other guy. Black books with cedars on the front
cover. They've made that inscrutable Adams guy scrutable for you and me!
Now we get to understand him for the very first time!

Me I'd rater get it from the horses mouth i find horses for the most
part quite eloquent. Quite scrutable. Just don't try to put me on one.
They're bigger than they look on Television!

In my experience lots of books telling you what Stanislavski was saying.
Stanislavski is better at saying what Stanislavski was saying. ANd
certainly more fun.

Lots of books about explaining what Siggy Freud was saying. Read some
Siggy! His stuff reads like Fairly tales only less dark!

In dialog form just like Stanislavsky!
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/stanislavsky_c.html

I'm out of hobbbies.

Mark Rabiner