Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted vs "lag time"
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:41:28 -0700

frank theriault complained:

> Then, in the mid-80's I went to the Grand Prix in Montreal.  No vantage
points
> except approved "spectator areas".  And Toronto's Molson Indy race is even
> worse - even the spectator areas have fence between you and the track -
all
> photos suck.<<<<

Hi Frank,
Even though motor sport is a "dangerous activity" ;-) for spectators who
wish to be close to the track, I'd not let the fence bother me if I can get
close. Like the lens touching the wire fencing. No not the glass, the outer
edge of the metal or rubber edging of the lens. And a long lens is best for
this procedure.

Shoot wide open or nearly so with the lens as close to the fence as possible
and you'll never see the fence in your pictures. Of course the closer to the
fence the better is always best.

There shouldn't be any degradation of the slide or neg if you do it right.
Wide open and as close to the fence as possibe.  Whatever sport it is. And
the longer the lens the better.
ted

Replies: Reply from frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Ted vs "lag time")
Message from Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> (RE: [Leica] Ted vs "lag time")