Subject: Re: [Leica] Anyone using Edwal FG-7 with Sod. Sulfite?
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 09:46:50 -0700

Jack McLain wrote:

> I've decided to give Edwal with Sod Sulfite a try (Tri-X and HP5) as an
> alternatie to D76.  Any of you guys using this mix?  Do you use as a
> one-shot? How many rolls/liter? Replenish?

I've decided to do exactly the same.  I have the chemicals, but haven't
found the time to run any films yet.  I intend to use it 1:15 with 9%
sod. sulf. one shot, probably give it a whirl over the weekend.

I've discovered, from lots of reading, that for Ilford films, this
appears to be a universal developer.  Pretty much every Ilford film
runs in this soup at 6.5 min at 20 C, rated at its nominal speed.  So
you should be able to bunch FP-4+, HP-5+, Delta 100, Delta 400, and
even Tri-X all into the same tank and run them at the same time.

M.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Anyone using Edwal FG-7 with Sod. Sulfite?)