Subject: Re: [Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner--Warning
From: "Robert McClure" <rmcclure2@woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:25:52 -0400

Hello,

Here's a a warning for those contemplating purchasing a Dual Scan III
scanner.   When I received mine, I couldn't get the Photoshop Elements
software, which comes with the kit, to load on my computer.  I kept getting
a code stating that the serial number on the supplied disk was not correct.
Minolta would not respond to my requests for help.  Adobe, which makes
Photoshop, wanted to charge me $39 to diagnose the problem, because the
software had not been purchased directly from them!  I sent the scanner back
for a refund.  If you already have Photoshop, this wouldn't be a problem,
but I really wanted to use the PS and had paid for it as part of the
purchase.    In the future,  I'll buy a Nikon Coolscan which, hopefully,
will have better customer service.

Regards,
Rob McClure

Replies: Reply from "David Gunalan" <cocacola@tm.net.my> (Re: [Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner--Warning)