Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 12:08:28 EDT

In a message dated 8/16/03 1:03:59 AM, daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no writes:

<< I think there is a good deal
involved with the digital darkroom that will take me much over a year to
come to grasps with. It helps to have worked in a traditional darkroom,
but I've seen young people produce wonderful, tasteful images with their
Kodaks and computer skills. >>

Daniel,

Yours is the ideal way into any form of photography. Even if a physician
practices genetic medicine, he must first know anatomy and physiology and
traditional pharmacy and medical ethics and keep them fresh in his mind.

Technology changes. The nature of light and optics and chemistry don't.
Digital is an unprecedented means for the mass distribution of images. Essentially,
it's the plane, not the mail nor the destination.

br

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] No digital comments?)