Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:01:11 +0200 (MEST)

> In a message dated 8/15/03 11:44:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no writes:
>
> > My problem is that after 35 years with mechanical, non-metered Leicas ...
> >  there's not a hell'uv'a lot I need to know when it comes to how they work.
>
> You won't need even one year to figure out how a digital camera works or
> doesn't. It isn't the difference between an ice box and a refrigerator.

Possibly ... but then you are not taking into account the whole production
line ... the process of making pictures. I think there is a good deal
involved with the digital darkroom that will take me much over a year to
come to grasps with. It helps to have worked in a traditional darkroom,
but I've seen young people produce wonderful, tasteful images with their
Kodaks and computer skills. Sure, it can get out of hand, but the new
"masters" are pretty good. The traditional darkroom might have been an
obstacle for them.

Anyway, I like photography and use Leicas, Rolleis (TLR) and the Digital
Leica that Kyle tipped me onto. I'm not even bothered by Tamron or Sigma
glass :)

Daniel