Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz Summitar Question
From: "Jack Herron" <jherron@theriver.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:59:18 -0700

Karen,
    Leica made a rectangular folding lens hood just for the Summitar.  The
Leica designation is SOOPD, and the one for the Summicron (SOOFM) will not
fit.  It ataches to the lens with spring-loaded clips which grasp a groove
on the outside of the lens.  Really early versions used a clamping ring and
screw.  The proper hood has the name "Summitar" engraved on the front when
folded.  They show up pretty often on eBay.
Cheers,
Jack

Jack Herron
8118 E. 20th St.