Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz Summitar Question
From: "Jack Herron" <jherron@theriver.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:01:32 -0700

Feli,
    It is large and very retro- but, if you want to reduce flare, the
rectangular shape (35mm frame aspect ratio) is the best way to go, far
better than round ones.  Check out the shape the hoods for Hasselblad
cameras (square format).
    And since any Hasselblad can outdo any Leica in terms of sharpness and
enlargeability, they must be doing something right!  ;)       (PLEASE note
the smiley face!)
Cheers,
Jack
Jack Herron