Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz Summitar Question
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:49:07 -0700

On Tuesday, Aug 19, 2003, at 21:59 US/Pacific, Jack Herron wrote:

> Karen,
>     Leica made a rectangular folding lens hood just for the Summitar.
> The
> Leica designation is SOOPD, and the one for the Summicron (SOOFM) will
> not
> fit.  It ataches to the lens with spring-loaded clips which grasp a
> groove
> on the outside of the lens.  Really early versions used a clamping
> ring and
> screw.  The proper hood has the name "Summitar" engraved on the front
> when
> folded.  They show up pretty often on eBay.
> Cheers,
> Jack

I have one of these...it nearly dwarfs the camera. ;-)
I would pass on it. The boys in Wetzlar must have spent a
very long afternoon in a Biergarten, when they came up with this one.

feli

safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety. 				-Benjamin Franklin

feli2@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from "Jack Herron" <jherron@theriver.com> (Re: [Leica] Leitz Summitar Question)
Reply from "Jack Herron" <jherron@theriver.com> (Re: [Leica] Leitz Summitar Question)