Subject: Re: [Leica] What a prosumer camera is
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:44:10 +0800

Hi

phew.....i'm glad to hear i'm not the only person using a Leica M and not
actively using zone focusing / hyperfocusing.....:)
when i trawl online forums, lists etc i get the impression most Leica M
users are doing hyperfocusing / zone focusing for most of their street
shooting / moving subject shots....

i know the theory behind it but often there's no way i can put it in
practice, since most of my shooting is done in the f2 - f4 region. Even with
a 35mm, it's easy to see when the subject's eyes are not in focus,
especially when a bigger enlargement is called for.

i can understand if one shoots f8 all the time in good light or uses 1600
film most of the time though..........

boon hwee