Subject: Re: [Leica] Off topic Pentax digital
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:54:59 -0400

Hi, Don,

You're right, I'm wrong (no surprise there, at least with regard to the
latter part of that statement).

A friend from the Pentax list, who had the *ist D shown to him last weekend
by a Pentax factory rep, cleared up the lens compatibility issue as follows:

"Once again, you can make photos with every lens Pentax ever made.
Screwmounts (with an adapter) work in stop down mode.  K and M lenses lose
internal metering, but still have auto-diaphragm. A, F, FA, and FAJ lenses
work as always. Medium format lenses (645 & 67) work with an adapter (the
same as screwmounts, I presume). And of course the DA lenses will work as
designed."

The stuff about compatibility issues with older lenses was rumours voiced by
some Pentax list members after reading the Japanese manual which leaked a
few weeks or a month ago...  <vbg>

cheers,
frank

Don Dory wrote:

> Frank,
> The sample I had in my hands worked with a Pentax 645 150-300 zoom just
> fine.  I suspect that it will be just like the R-EOS situation: aperture
> priority and manual focus.

- --
"Jazz is about capturing the moment"
- -Herbie Hancock