Subject: Re: [Leica] camera held hostage!!!
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:01:39 -0700

I would call the better business bureau and complain. And call the
police and tell them they are holding your camera against your wishes.
Did you sign something that obligates you to take such abuse? If not,
tell them you'll give them the price DAG would have charged, or they
get nothing, along with a complaint to the police. And then go to small
claims court. Do not take this from them. They have no right to deprive
you of your property if they had not already done the repair when you
called to cancel. Not even the police can do that without a warrant!

On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 09:21  AM, Troy T. Heinzeroth wrote:

> Technically i suppose they have the right to do this, but would you
> want them to? To you and your Leica? Beware!!!

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"If we had time for more meetings, we would have made more mistakes."
Leon Trotsky