Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Cassettes and the New MP
From: Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:37:01 -0700

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> Marc
>
> Correct!  The "cassette cylinder"  was reduced in size because the wall
> thickness of the chassis casting (or extrusion) was increased to make
> a stronger camera.
>
> Jerry

I don't think they needed to "make a stronger camera"  I am not sure what is
going on with the reduction but I doubt it was for strength.

I don't think the body shell is a casting or extrusion, it's steel, or at least
it was up through the M4s. There is a casting that fits inside the shell that
holds all the shutter bits, etc.

Dennis

Replies: Reply from Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Leica Cassettes and the New MP)
Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica Cassettes and the New MP)