Subject: [Leica] FS -- very old WWII? Leica binoculars
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:35:07 EDT

What I have here is a pair of very old and well-used Leitz binoculars, 6 X
30, standard (not roof) prism variety, small-ish, apparently military,
individually focusing eyepieces, which should tell you the age.

very badly brassed (I know some of you like that) and for an extra touch of
versimillitude, the right side is hazy -- the prison mirroring inside has some
corrosion. They are usable, but not all that much. Sort of like shooting with
one of those Ur-Leica reproductions.

Come in a military-style very hard I am just guessing Bakelite case, or
something, very sturdy, with a military style clip on the back and snap-type stubs
on the bottom to fasten down inside a vehicle. All very rugged.

But, as I say, they are very badly worn, uncoated optics so I am guessing
probably world war II vintage. I have no idea of their value, mostly I just hate
to throw away anything marked Leitz.

So, first $35 to me gets them, and that includes $5 shipping. Offers
entertained (I do yo-yo tricks, they love that stuff).

Summicron1@aol.com please reply privately as I don't go through digests all
that religiously.

Charles Trentelman
Ogden, Utah 801-458-2151