Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting in the middle of nowhere...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 18:26:43 -0400

At 03:00 PM 9/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Anyone have any commentsor experiences to share? Of course the worst thing
>that could happen is running out of film...
>
>feli

Feli -

I have done this exact trip many, many times in the last few years.  I plan
on 100 rolls of film per week and add some.  Some days are spent traveling
and don't use as many.  Some days are with families and use more than
allotted.  I used to buy bulk film and roll all of my own until I figured
out how much that was costing me in time and possible scratches.  Now I buy
from B&H and get in on any specials that they have.  I keep film in the
refrigerator until a couple of days before I'm ready to go. Then I get it
all out and let it get used to the temperature and humidity.  It's all
packed in lead-lined bags - I like the Cordova fabric ones.  I put all of
the film into a carry-on backpack and allow plenty of time for inspections.

You are right.  The worst nightmare would be to run out of film.  The
general guide for travel is to put everything that you are planning to take
out on the bed and then put half of it back and take twice as much money as
you had planned.  That is very true.  I would also take twice as much
film.  If you come back with film, that's no problem - stick it in the
refrigerator until the next trip.  If you run out of film in the middle of
nowhere - that's a problem!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com