Subject: Re: [Leica] re: gun balderdash & photos - Stalin and the Long March, (also Ancient Astronomy)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:09:08 -0400

At 11:45 PM 9/4/03 EDT, Afterswift@aol.com wrote:
>I haven't studied this post WW II event, so I can't say anything now.
>However, knowing something about Marshall, I know he wouldn't give away
the store to
>anybody for any reason.

The historical record is clear:  HE did make the boast.  Read GEN Albert C
Wedemeyer's fine memoir, WEDEMEYER REPORTS, for details.  Marshall's
performance as Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense was similarly
flawed.  Note that Eisenhower, his protege, refused to have him in ANY
capacity during his term of office.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!