Subject: [Leica] Xtol dilutions
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 20:25:02 -0400

Until last night I have been pretty careful to use 100ml stock solution
per 36exp equivalent running Xtol at 1:3.  Last night I was faced with 6
rolls of film after midnight with an early am delivery time for prints.
Sooo, in went six rolls in an eight roll tank with whatever fit for
500ml stock and 1500ml water.

The results at least for Neopan 1600 were very good.  Grain was tighter
and smoother at the same time without that Microdol look.  Contrast was
very good considering the standard one spot stage lighting.  I believe
that I will try the Mark Rabinor dilution for Across to see if the
results are the same for this film.

Mark uses approximately 67mm stock per roll and has been praising this
combination for several years.  Just don't add oxygen, or other trace
minerals.  Darkness is OK, but avoid tap water unless you live next door
to Mark.  Then tap water is OK.  Definitely don't use Atlanta tap water.

Oh, it was my daughter behind the camera and it was non Leica so it is
up to her if she wants to post any images.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Xtol dilutions)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Xtol dilutions close to the edge.)