Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying a used M2 - What to look out for?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 09:19:39 -0600

Here is a good basic check list to go through:

http://www.cameraquest.com/mguide.htm#M%20Buyer's%20Checklist

I always budget in a CLA when buying a used M camera ten years or
older. I have found that it will usually need one.

You do not have to trim the leader longer with an M2 but very
occasionally the film may hang up in the film gate. Trimming the leader
will absolutely guard against this but it is a lot of work for
something that happens so infrequently. With my TTLs I always flip the
back open to make sure the edge of the film slips past the film gate. I
never do this with my M2 but the TTLs have a sharper edge to the film
gate which makes it more likely the film will hang up.

John Collier