Subject: Re: [Leica] I've quit the Lika Leica club
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:37:34 +1000

Thank you for posting such a thoughtful commentary. I find there is
quite enough to worry about with photography not to have to relearn or
review so many little details: too much sharpening, aggressive
firmware, noisy chips. It makes simple film/grain/lens choices so much
easier.

Someone said that digital imaging would become a hobby of its own, and
this seems to be true. For what it is worth, I have not thought about
any of these problems with the digilux: My complaint is that the zoom
at wide settings is not really up to Leica imaging quality: seems to be
some "distortion".

Cheers
On Sunday, Sep 7, 2003, at 12:52 Australia/Melbourne, Peter Klein wrote:

> You may recall that I recently bought a "Lika Leica" Panasonic Lumix
> LC5. Well, I sent it back to the seller and got a full refund.
Clip
> --Peter Klein
> Seattle, WA

Alastair