Subject: RE: [Leica] Riefenstahl Dies
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:01:22 -0400

I find it far more likely that someone such as yourself, with what
appear to be your political leanings, would have been sent to the camps
as an undesirable. But obviously, if you think otherwise, who am I to
argue.

As to the question of mass psychosis...No, not a mass psychosis. Rather
the preaching of an anti-Semitic, authoritarian, nationalistic message
to a people who wanted to hear and respond to just such a message.

BTW - I would never presume to judge those who were scared to resist -
the pressures, and physical dangers, were enormous, way beyond anything
those of us who didn't live through it, or who didn't live under
Communism, can imagine. I do, however, presume to judge those who
actively supported the regime.

Best

B. D.