Subject: Re: [Leica] Impact and lens mount of R8, Focus shift?
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:44:04 -0700

I've often wondered about damage to the mount of my R6.2 from using the
80-200 Vario on a tripod.  It seems excessively front-heavy.  When mounted
on a tripod and critically focused on something, wiggling the lens up and
down changes the plane of focus ever so slightly.  Leica really should have
included a tripod mount for the 80-200, especially at the price they charge
for it.

- --Jim