Subject: RE: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite Specialty Camera Store
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:57:00 +0200 (MEST)

Well, on the bright side ... the stores in Scandinavia seem to be
thriving. In Oslo I can walk in, buy an M7, M6, Leica O (and get
committed), Voigtländer and any of the lenses, any kind of film (except
620, 127 and, oddly enought 220), brand new Nikon F3 ... you name it.
Smack dab downtown, thriving processing business (smart enough to be early
out printing those digital films people have), old fashion salesmen that
seem to be imported from New Jersey (fast talkers), know their stuff
though.

And that's only one shop, the other one is about four blocks away. I can
buy digital in the one at very good prices, better than any of the
postorder places in Scandinavia.

It's refreshing. Norway is a good place for photographers, both when it
comes to shopping and when it comes to taking pictures of fabulous nature
scenes.

I'm not being patriotic ... I'm Swedish, not Norwegian (hurts like *%¤¤ to
give them this credit) ... It's just a nice place to be for photographers.
Competition is tough. The Norwegians are good.

Daniel