Subject: Re: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite Specialty Camera Store
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:02:22 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/03 9:08:47 AM, bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:

<< This hasn't got a damn thing to do with what downtown has become - it
has to do with a. digital; b. competition from high volume retailers -
not necessarily on the web; and c. general lack of interest in high-end,
specialty film cameras >>

Please read the English. I never said that the downtown store change caused
the decline of camera shops there. What I said is that unfortunately these
businesses replaced them; a sign of the times. I would spend free time rummaging
through the bins of these places for useful odds and ends. I came up with some
really great stuff. Old Leica straps, specially designed camera cases,
filters, etc. But I never bought a Leica from these places.
I bought my cameras from a discount place located in my neighborhood that
sold all types of appliances.
That place, Focus Camera, is still there.

br

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] Now Departing...Your Favorite Specialty Camera Store)