Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Shooting question - an Operating Room
From: tedgrant@shaw.ca
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:39:52 -0400

bdcolen said:

> Oh...the fact that Jack was an OR nurse reminds me of something
> else....The OR is THE territory of the circulating nurse...if the
> OR is
> an aircraft carrier, she is the Captain, whose ship the room is - the
> surgeon is the Admiral, who may be commanding the fleet from the ship,
> but is not directly commanding the ship...Piss off the circulating
> nurse, and you sleep with the fishes...;-)<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi B.D.,
Man oh man are you ever right on that one!! :-)I say this from being savaged many years ago by a Circulating nurse of what I call the "old school" It was due to my inexperience I did something without thinking and she was standing right there.

I was out in the hall and savagedly word thrashed for about 5 solid unstopped minutes of chastising. What was worse was other medical staff going by as this gal skinned me alive.

When she was finished she said, "Mr.Grant, now that we understand each other you will understand without question what to do and not to do, and we can continue as friends." She smiled and turned on her heel into the OR.

It took me several more minutes to re-cover from shaking and head hanging before I returned. When I did the surgeon wanted to know had she left any skin on me? :-) "I'm not sure I can't feel anything yet."

But a terrifying experience to say the least for a rookie.:-)

ted

Replies: Reply from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Shooting question - an Operating Room)