Subject: [Leica] damaged paint on lens
From: "Julian Koplen" <jkoplen@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:32:15 -0400

I carelessly violated one of Ted Grant's rules on equipment care and let a
new/used beautiful 180 f3.4 Apo-Telyt roll off my rear car seat, strike a
metal support to the front seat, and chip a bit of paint off at the near
edge of the built-in lens hood.  The chip is only the size of a match head,
but I would like to conceal that very shiny patch of silvery metal that is
now exposed.

I have in mind to dab it with a little black enamel such as one might find
in a hobby shop.  Is this a bad idea?  Are there any better?

Thanks.............Julian

Oh, yes, Ted's lesson, as I remember it:  Keep your equipment on the floor
to begin with, and it then cannot fall off the seat.