Subject: Re: [Leica] Caffeine
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:24:32 -0400

I'm with you Seth,

I simply cannot figure out Starbucks.  Bad coffee, for a high price.  Is it the
pretty names for their blends?  "Today, our feature blends are El Richo
Guatamalan, picked only from the sunny side of the mountain, between 1/2 and 2/3
way up, where the beans are richest, and Kenyan Dark, dark and lusty as the
continent from which it is lovingly picked, between March 23rd and 31st, the
optimal picking dates for this very special bean."

It don't matter, Starbucks all tastes the same to me - bitter and over-roasted.

I find that ever since I developed the taste for my coffee black, no sugar (had
to do with an old girlfriend, long story), I've become much more discriminating
about the coffee I drink.  With nothing to mask the taste of the coffee, it's
gotta be good!  <g>

Now, despite the fact that I stopped off at the Jet Fuel on the way home (as I
always do - it's a ritual) for a machiado, I'm feeling like another Java.
Question is, will it be French Press or vintage 1940's Silex Vacuum?  Decisions
decisions....

cheers,
frank

Seth Rosner wrote:

> <snip>Have never understood Starbucks' success, why customers would pay such
> prices for a cup of coffee, many if not most of the flavors of which aren't
> coffee at all.<snip>

> --

"What a senseless waste of human life"
- -The Customer in Monty Python's Cheese Shop sketch