Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now Apple v. Windows OT
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:22:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/03 8:52:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
henningw@archiphoto.com writes:

> Worperfect was available on the Mac until OSX. I still have it on my
>  OSX machine to be able to go into all the old WP documents I have,
>  and not have re-formatting issues with MS Word.
- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Colleagues,

I've noticed a merging of OS's over time. It all started with he GUI, so I
think differences between Mac and Windows are becoming indistinguishable. The
software outfits, who produce applications like PS, etc. have taken over simply
because both Jobs and Gates must accommodate them. Jobs has jumped to the 64
bit processor.
Intel isn't far behind. None of even the latest applications are available
for 64 bit yet.
Who knows if ever they will be.

I have no doubt that Gates and Jobs meet over dinner and work out some modest
differences to be used as selling points by their respective hardware
clients. Jobs has only one. Jobs favors the aura of simplicity and media. Gates tries
to attract the more au courant user who works in science and finance.
Frankly, both OS's are now huge and complex under the folders. So the differences
aren't worth arguing about.
I use both systems to cover all the bases and it's great to have a backup if
one of my two systems quit.

I seldom hear folks disputing about the differences between a Toyota and a
Honda.

br

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now Apple v. Windows OT)