Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Epson 2200 with Mac OSX?
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:12:13 -0700

At 8:58 AM -0400 10/1/03, Higa Isaku wrote:
>?Since we are talking about EPSON 2200, I like to ask some questions
>to the users of the printer...
>
>Do any of you use the printer with a Mac with OSX?   Would you mind
>sharing your experience?  Any problems with compatibility or taking
>full advantage of the printer?  Reading the instruction manual I
>downloaded from EPSON website indicates there are some limitations
>in using the printer with OSX?
>
>I 've been wanting to get the printer but I've had problems using
>EPSON with Macs before and I am bit reluctant to go with it.  I
>currently use Canon ink jet printer.
>
>Thanks,
>Isaku

It works fine with OSX, and there are no limitations that I'm aware
of, as long as you're using the latest driver. The driver is fully
compatible and consistent with the usual OSX print dialog box.

I've had various Epson printers and have always found them to be
quite good. Not always the best software, but OK. Early Canon inkjets
were terrible. I had a wide carriage B&W that I used for CAD drawings
that was almost unusable, but fortunately GCC repackaged it and wrote
a new driver, and it showed what could be done with the hardware.
Unfortunately, it cost 2.5x what the Canon did. But it worked. I used
it for 8 years.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design