Subject: Re: [Leica] More about Jacques Lowe book...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 15:51:31 -0400

At 03:32 PM 10/5/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>The images are reproduced from prints and contact sheets, as the
>negatives were, indeed, destroyed when the World Trade Center towers
>fell. Given that, the reproduction of most of the images is quite good.
>
>B. D.

I heard the interview on NPR with Jacques Lowe's assistant who supervised
the printing of the photos for the book.  He said that the digital copies
made from the contact sheets made better prints than the original negatives!!

The one's I saw on TV (20/20 maybe?) looked beautiful - really intimate
family photos like you take, B.D.  I'm looking forward to getting the book.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] More about Jacques Lowe book...)