Subject: Re: [Leica] m7...good or not?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:28:00 -0800

Roy Gumpel asked:
Subject: [Leica] m7...good or not?

> How is the m7? Are you guys buying them? I've used m4 forever, and
> dreamed about the day when an m4 would be made with AE.
> Is the m7 the answer to my dreams? Is it much faster to use than the
> m6? <<<

Hi Roy,
I use 3 of them on assignments and have done so since the end of last year
and there isn't any other M to match them! I'm on AE 99.9% of the time and
shoot away totally concentrating on the light, subject, focus, shoot!

I'm talking about speed of use and accuracy of exposures roll after roll. In
the first three months of this year I shot in the neighborhood of 5 hundred
rolls while working on a book and nary a wrong exposure! And with many years
of M use of other models, 3 at a time, the M7 will make you a very happy
camper as a Leica shooter.

Mine are equipped with Tom Abrahamsson RapidWinder's and it makes the M7 a
rapid fire piece of cake if you shoot quickly and people.

Actually the AE is the magic!  Most of the time I don't bother about what
the speed is (unless it's of major importance in the effect I want) because
I've become so accustomed to it being " right as selected " by the camera, I
just concentrate on the subject and shoot.

Go for it you can't go wrong!

ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Samples from the Women in Medicine project:
http://www.sandycarterphotography.com/WIMcollagePage.htm