Subject: Re: [Leica] SF20 Howto
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:25:23 -0800

John Collier wrote:

> Actually fill is pretty simple with the M6 too. Just set the SF-20 to
> auto, set the film ISO on the flash and set one of the auto apertures
> to both the camera and flash. The aperture needs to be one that will
> give you a 1/50 or under shutter speed. Now use the exposure comp
> setting on the flash to dial in a one, two or three stop reduction (or
> increase if so desired).
>
> The TTL setting lets you adjust exposure comp in 1/3 stop steps. I also
> like to cut back on the ambient lighting as well but it all depends on
> the look you are after and the film you are using.
>
> John Collier

John it looks like on this flash you can override it just as easy as on auto.
Often not the case with many flashes which I end up using on non ttl.
Why go auto when you can over ride easily on TTL?

I think some cutting back on ambient light is part of the bargain
because if you don't any flash at all would be over exposing. You've
already exposed it right with no flash!

I know that makes sense!
Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA