Subject: Re: [Leica] Journalism, altered photo's, and other ethical debates
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 06:49:04 +0100

Eric, as Tim Atherton also pointed out, I was talking about burning, dodging
and so on. Nothing more. Talking of manipulation, you left out my qualifying
words "in this sense" from your quote of my statement re Salgado. No doubt
that comes within the bounds of ethically admissible cropping.

I have far greater reservations about Salgado's work, who, while I admire
his extraordinary talent and dedication, is not clearly a positive figure to
my mind. But that's another story.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile: (+39) 348 336 7990
Home: (+39) 0536 63001

All outgoing email scanned by
Norton AntiVirus (TM) 2003 Professional Edition.