Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 45: Spanish hams
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 17:54:42 +0100

This week we go back to Spain. One of things I love down there is of
course the food; and few of the Spanish foods are as photogenic as the
big hams which are found in even the most modest bar. They usually hang
from the ceiling, and when the time comes to use them (for tapas), then
the ham is put in a kind of wooden vice and sliced thinly as needed. My
wife says I am obsessed with these hams, and she is right. So 3 of the 4

pictures have this porcine them. First, the "ham museum" near Plaza
Mayor in Madrid:

http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_45.jpg

Then, a man studies the stuff in a regular supermarket in Malaga:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_45alt1.jpg

A close-up of the goodies:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_45alt2.jpg

The final alternate is from Seville, a cafe inside a large indoor food
market, where this man is waiting for his morning coffee, and he looks
like he needs it:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_45alt3.jpg

All pictures taken with the Leica CL, 40mm Summicron, on Fuji Provia
400F.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/indexpaw2003.htm
and as always, comments and critique are appreciated.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands