Subject: RE: [Leica] some new snaps, a propos
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 20:45:33 -0500

Tina,
In this case, the photographer was staging a photo.  We have a woman
posing in front of destruction.  A very wide angle lens (more than 20
and less than 12mm) was used from a high position to maximize the ground
and minimize the horizon.  There is only the woman in the foreground for
perspective so we don't know how far the devastation extends.  A
balanced photograph would have drawn back to show how the destruction
fits into the cityscape.

With all that, the objection to the photo shows that we are in fact
moving into a period where some in fact want to dictate how a photo is
taken: what lens, exposure, what have you.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com