Subject: RE: [Leica] FOOD
From: Phong <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:30:41 -0500

The quality of restaurants in the US has improved incredibly
in the last 25 years or so, which I am very thankful.  That
said, I think that many decent restaurants in the US are
overpriced, with pretentious service catering to a yuppified
clientele.  They work harder on the ambiance and presentation
than on the food quality.

I judge a country's restaurants not by their most expensive,
but by their average.  You can go to any no-name restaurant
in any no-name town in France and expect good food.  Try that
in the US.  They may have an attitude, but they _know_ food.

Snails, sheep stomach and kidneys are all good ingredients;
you just have to know what to make of them.

- - Phong

P.S. I judge amateur photographers by their best shots, and
I judge professional photographers by their average shots.

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] FOOD)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] FOOD)
Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] FOOD)