Subject: Re: [Leica] Driving the Alaska Highway
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:11:15 -0800

on 11/11/03 7:47 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@mac.com wrote:

> Has anyone made the drive along the Alaska Highway? Any recommendations about
> when to make the trip. NOT winter...yeah, that part I know.
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam

My experience with it is before it was paved.  1,000 miles of mud and gravel
and rain... don't do it with your own car.  Supposedly the US govt. paid to
pave the Canada part of it.

I travelled the ALCAN during spring and fall.  Spring is FABULOUS, fall is
merely GREAT.  Either way, Liard Hot Springs in northern BC is a must-visit
spot and Kluane National Park in the Yukon Territory deserves much more time
than I gave it.  Camp in the provincial parks along the way and spend the
entire night listening to the loons.  Loved it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] Driving the Alaska Highway)