Subject: Re: [Leica] Driving the Alaska Highway
From: "Jon" <jon.stanton@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:54:31 -0800

I drove it two years ago, there are long stretches of gravel and dirt mostly
from around Watson Lake to about 20 miles north of the Alaska border. I
drove it in a then 10 year old Volvo with 150k on the odometer (now 240k) I
started off in San Jose, Ca and drove as far as Denali...None of the parks
or campsites open until Memorial Day...I slept a couple of nights in the
car! The day I left Fairbanks was about 3 in the morning and daylight. I
didn't stop over until I got to Watson lake something like 1200 miles? There
was just no place to stop! Spectacular trip...I would do it again in a
heartbeat..