Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: tv/tivo
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@jbm.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 05:07:53 -0500

2003-11-13-15:07:41 Steven Blutter:
> also the image quality suffers no degradation whatsoever (I have a 32")

Well... no.  Even at the highest quality, it looks as if the pixel
array recorded is coarser than the... what is it, 720x480 or so
rectangular pixels? which do a reasonable job of representing NTSC
television.  It may be something nasty like mere 352x240 MPEG-1.

At lower record-qualities, compression artifacts become clearly
visible.

No matter, though, because it's still a completely essential device.
I could never go back to tape for day-to-day timeshifting.

Replies: Reply from Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: tv/tivo)
Message from "Steven Blutter" <steven2244@ameritech.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: tv/tivo)