Subject: RE: [Leica] Help with a Luftwaffen lens
From: "Vick Ko" <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:04:52 -0500

I would suggest James Lager at

James L. Lager
Leica Researcher and Historian
E-mail: jlager@bellatlantic.net
Phone: 201-768-5426

Good luck,

Vick

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Andrew
Sawyer
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 6:35 AM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] Help with a Luftwaffen lens

Hello,

First let me apologize for intruding on your group with what is clearly
a plea for help with identifying a piece of Leica equipment.  First a
short background, I recently purchased a large quantity of older Leica
equipment at a garage sale of all places.  The pieces were from the
estate of a German man who had come to the US some time after WWII and
set up shop as a Leica dealer and repairman.  He sold his business and
retired in the early 70's and took all of his Leica inventory with him,
eventually passing it on to his niece who then sold it at the garage
sale.

The one piece I need help with is an Elmar 5 cm f/3.5 lens that has the
Luftwaffen Eigentum engraving on it.  I know that there are many
forgeries of these out there and I am trying to authenticate this one.
I haven't been able to find any answers online so I am turning to you
all, if anyone knows where I can send this or what I should look for, or
who I could contact I would greatly appreciate it.  I think that given
the age of the collection I purchased and the fact that the owner was a
German national there is a good chance that this one is legit.  Any
thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, I know that this isn't in keeping with the mission of your
group, so I waited for Friday to post it.

Andrew Sawyer
GreatActionPics/GreatKidPics
www.GreatActionPics.com
www.GreatKidPics.com